While mushrooms have been used medicinally for centuries, they have become recognized as a functional food more recently. Put simply, their benefits go beyond even essential nutrition.
Studies have shown that functional mushrooms can improve performance, support the immune system, boost cognitive function, and increase energy. Mushrooms are packed with nutrients making them a must-have superfood for your daily routine.
In our Guide to Superfood nutrition, we talked about the importance of superfoods and how they can help improve our daily nutrition. Functional mushrooms are one of the best superfoods out there, and adding them to your daily routine is a great way to improve your health and performance.
Reasons to Use Functional Mushrooms Daily
Strengthen Immune System
- Functional mushrooms are a superfood, meaning they are nutrient-dense with several compounds that benefit overall health.
- Mushrooms are full of beta-glucans, polysaccharides, anti-inflammatory properties, and antioxidants, strengthening the immune system.
Improve Cognitive Function and Memory
- Studies have shown that functional mushrooms can help improve cognitive function and memory.
- Mushrooms contain compounds like Ergothioneine and Hericenones, which are neuroprotective and support brain health.
- Maintaining your cognitive health is essential because it helps with decision-making, learning, and memory.
- Functional mushrooms can help improve athletic performance.
Calm Stress and Anxiety
- Mushrooms are adaptogenic, supporting the body's stress management system.
- Daily intake of mushrooms can help manage mental stress and anxiety.
Say Goodbye to Fatigue
- The adaptogenic properties in mushrooms have helped reduce stress, improve sleep cycles, and fight insomnia.
Support Healthy Aging
- Functional mushrooms are high in antioxidants, which provide a list of health benefits, including promoting healthy aging.
- Mushrooms have polysaccharides and triterpenes which protect the body against cognitive stress while aging.
- Functional mushrooms are also a source of B vitamins, which help break down proteins, fats, and carbohydrates—and provide energy.
- Functional mushrooms can help reduce inflammation and speed up recovery from exercise.
- Mushrooms are a natural anti-inflammatory superfood
- Inflammation in the body can be linked to many chronic diseases, such as heart disease, arthritis, and Alzheimer's.
- Functional mushrooms can help fight inflammation and improve overall health.
Support Gut Health
- Mushrooms are a great source of fiber and prebiotic compounds that support the growth of healthy gut bacteria.
- Mushrooms are rich in dietary fiber, making them an excellent source of prebiotics.
Ways to Consume Hekate Functional Mushrooms
Our Functional Mushroom Cocoa is an excellent place to start. Try it in some of our favorite ways and see how delicious mushrooms can be.
Try it in coffee: Add half a tablespoon of cocoa powder to your morning coffee for an energizing and health-boosting start to your day.
Try it in a smoothie: Blend half a tablespoon of cocoa powder with your favorite fruits, vegetables, and dairy-free substitute or yogurt for a nutritious and delicious smoothie.
Try it in oatmeal: Add half a tablespoon of cocoa powder to your favorite oatmeal recipe for an extra nutrient boost.
Try it in a fruit bowl: Add half a tablespoon of cocoa powder to fresh fruits for cocoa dessert.
Bake with it: Add half a tablespoon of cocoa powder to your favorite brownie recipe , pancake mix, or cocoa muffin recipe for a healthy and delicious treat.
As you can see, there are many ways to enjoy our performance mushrooms. We've got you sorted if you're looking for an easy way to add mushrooms to your daily routine. We offer Daily Functional Mushroom Capsules and our Daily Functional Mushroom Cocoa, perfect for any lifestyle.
Our Hekate mushroom products are NSF certified for Sport®, vegan, organic, GMO-free, and gluten-free. So that you confidently and safely #CultivateGreat.
We recommend a daily dosage of 3 capsules for our Daily Functional Mushroom Capsules, containing 375mg of reishi, chaga, lion’s mane and cordyceps mushrooms per serving.
For our Daily Functional Mushroom Cocoa, we recommend taking half a tablespoon at the start of your day or before you train or workout. Each serving contains an equal dose of 125mg of reishi, chaga, cordyceps, and lion's mane mushroom.
We know that cultivating a daily routine to set you up for success doesn't always come easy, but the long-term health benefits make it all worthwhile. Adding mushrooms to your routine is easy and delicious. So what do you have to lose?
We can't wait to help you improve your health and reach your performance goals! Shop Now