Chocolate Zucchini Functional Mushroom Muffins
Just in time for Winter, Hekate's team has created a delicious high performance functional mushroom chocolate muffin recipe to keep your mood elevated and energy balanced through the cold winter months. Each muffin is packed with Hekate's adaptogenic cocoa, Star Power, so will also help with sleep quality, stress and inflammation.
This recipe makes 12 servings and is vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free.
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 1 1⁄4 cup GF oat milk
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups GF all purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup coconut sugar
- 4 tbsp Star Power
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- 2⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1⁄4 cup grated zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Lightly grease muffin tin with coconut oil
- In a small bowl - stir together ground flax + 3 Tbsp water and set aside
- In a medium bowl - combine oat milk and apple cider vinegar - set aside. (it will curdle, this is intentional!)
- In a large bowl - combine the flour, coconut sugar, Star Power, raw cacao, baking powder, baking soda and salt
- Stir flaxseed mixture into the bowl with oat milk and vinegar. Add maple syrup and vanilla.
- Pour wet mixture over dry (flour) mixture and stir until combined. Fold in chocolate chips, walnuts and zucchini, careful not to overmix
- Fill each muffin well with batter until 3⁄4 full - bake for 15 minutes or until muffins cooked through (test by inserting a toothpick into muffin center - it will come out clean when baked through)
- Cool muffins in pan for 5-10 minutes then transfer onto rack to cool completely and enjoy!
This recipe was developed by Hekate's holistic nutritionist and botanical medicine specialist, Britt.
NOTE: This recipe also works great as a loaf!