Are you looking for a delicious way to get your daily protein intake? Do you love brownies but don't want to feel guilty about indulging in your favorite dessert? Well, look no further! These ultra fudgy protein black bean brownies combine the best of both worlds. They're packed with protein and flavor, and they're so good that you'll never guess they're made with black beans. So give them a try today and see how amazing they are!
- 1 ½ cups Black beans (1 15oz can), drained and rinsed well
- 2 tbsp Cocoa blend
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup maple syrup or honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ⅔ cup chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp flaky sea salt
- 1 overripe banana
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients except the flaky sea salt, chocolate chips, and peanut butter. Blend until completely smooth
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Lightly grease an 8" by 8" pan and line it with parchment paper.
- Pour the blended mix into the pan and spread evenly.
- Randomly drop the peanut butter on the mix and use a chopstick or butter knife to 'drag' and spread the peanut butter over the surface.
- Optionally sprinkle extra chocolate chips on top for garnish.
- Bake the black bean brownies for 15-18 minutes and let cool for at least 30 minutes before trying to cut. Sprinkle it with sea salt for garnish. If the brownie is too fudgy, refrigerate overnight for a firmer texture. Makes 9-12 brownies.
If you're looking for a delicious, protein-packed way to indulge in your favorite dessert, these black bean brownies are just what you need. Our Daily Functional Mushroom Cocoa is the only missing ingredient you need to make with this performance-boosting recipe.